International students

The following is very important information regarding admissions to The Enfimye Institute as an international student. Please read all information. Once documents are received, the I-20 will be completed within 2 weeks. 

Admission requirements for international students

The Enfimye Institutes welcomes students from other countries to entrust us with their education and enroll in our nursing programs. All international students must be fluent in English before being admitted. International applicants must provide that they are able to read, write and speak English fluently. The Enfimye Institute accepts M-1 visas for students wanting to enroll in diploma programs and F-1 visas for students wanting to enroll in associate degree programs. International students must meet the following requirements for  admission to The Enfimye Institute:

  • Successful completion of a secondary school program that is the equivalent to a high school diploma in the United States. (Official records and documents must be evaluated by a school approved educational evaluation agency attesting that the completion is a secondary school equivalent in the U.S.

  • Certification of financial ability to meet tuition and other necessary expenses.

  •  If an applicant's primary language is not English, they must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 450 on the paper based TOEFL, 150 on the computer-based TOEFL or 5 on the Internet-based TOEFL.

Applications for international students  can be obtained through the Admissions office and should be submitting at least 3 months prior to the programs start date.

Students may demonstrate their English Language proficiency by submitting original TOEFL scores, IELTS scores or by taking the COMPASS/ESL test. For more information on the TOEFL, visit The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)  measures ability to communicate in English and for information on IELTS, visit

The visa process

To apply for an M-1 or F-1 visa, you must set an appointment at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy.  You must bring your Form 1-20, passport, original proof of funds and any other documents specified to your visa appointment. More details about the M-1 and F-1 visa application process can be found online at: and

If a visa is grated, you will need to have the following documents to enter the United States in M-1 or F-1 status:

  1. Valid I-20 Form

  2. Valid F-1 Visa (Not required for citizens of Canada or Bermuda)

  3. Valid Passport



For applicants who enter the U.S. on a B-2 tourist visa wanting to change visa status while in the U.S., it is necessary to consult with the admissions office to see about converting the B-2 visa into a M-1 or F-1 student visa. This process can take up to 4-6 months.

Potential students cannot enter the Unitest States on a visa waiver and change to F-1 status after arrival. Students from visa waver countries are not eligable for changes in visa status in the U.S.

sevis fee

The United States Department of Homeland Security requires F-1 visa applicants to pay a one-time fee. This fee is to  supplement the maintenance and administration costs of the Student and Exchange Information System (SEVIS). For more information on this fee and payment options, visit: and