Registered Nurse Program
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
The Enfimye Institute offers an Associate of Science in Nursing program. The program prepares nursing students for a career as a professional nurse and covers all of the required coursework, including core classes in nursing and general education classes. The program’s mission is to prepare students for opportunities to practice their profession with care, compassion, integrity, and sensitivity in a global community.
The ASN program prepares nursing students for entry into practice as a nurse generalist. Completion of the ASN degree allows the graduate to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The graduate must apply to and meet the requirements of the appropriate state board of nursing for licensure as a registered nurse, which includes successful completion of the NCLEX-RN.
1. A completed TEI application (The Institute’s supplemental non-refundable application fee is $100.00)
2. The applicant must be eighteen (18) years old or older; verified by one of the following documents:
a. Driver’s License
b. Passport, Birth Certificate or U.S. Status, if not a U.S Citizen
c. Social Security Card
3. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card
4. High School diploma or GED
5. Current background checks level 2
6. Physical done by an MD, DO, Physician Assistant, or ARNP performed within six months prior to application
7. Proof of Immunizations: (Hepatitis B vaccine series or Hepatitis Titer, 2 MMR vaccines, 2 Varicella vaccines or
Varicella titer, TDap, and annual Influenza vaccine for current influenza season)
8. Negative PPD/chest X-ray
9. Panel Drug Screening (within 1 year: The ten-panel drug test shall consist of Cannabinoids, Methaqualone,
Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Amphetamines, Cocaine, Opiates, and Phencyclidine
10. HESI A2 Registered Nursing Pre-Admission Exam with a minimum score of 70%. The HESI A2 exam may be taken
3 times during a calendar year.
11. In-person interview with the program director, including a writing sample at the time of the interview, if granted
12. Official transcripts, evaluations and/or test results documenting previous coursework and degrees (all coursework
must indicate a final grade; Updated transcripts are required if coursework is in progress regardless of whether or
not the course is a prerequisite requirement)
The objective of the program is to prepare students for employment as an entry level professional nurse. The graduate will learn to practice their profession with care, compassion, integrity, and sensitivity in a global community. The nursing faculty at TEI believes that nursing is a caring, service-oriented profession, which focuses on assisting individuals and families with maintaining and restoring optimal health. Professional behavior within the practice of nursing exemplifies a commitment to the profession of nursing, professional association, and lifelong learning. Graduates of TEI will be qualified to take and pass the nursing board exam and become licensed nurses.
The curriculum addresses critical thinking, assessment and therapeutic communication skills, health promotion and maintenance, and competent nursing care. You will learn how to administer medication and treatment to patients. The program includes study of general principles of biological, psychological, physical, and social sciences. You will participate in clinical experiences, which provide the hands-on training you will need to succeed in your career. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam for licensure practice as a registered nurse.
Associate of science degree in nursing courses
Note: Many courses have specific pre-requisite and co-requisite requirements that must be followed.